I’m 18yrs old, and my partner is 20. We’ve been living together for two years now, and just recently moved to his hometown of Brisbane. We have been discussing children for a while now, and we both feel that we are ready emotionally and financially to try to conceive.
My partner’s family is very against this, even going so far as threatening to disown him. They claim we are too young and barely more than children ourselves. I am aware that this view is common in many places, but I grew up in a small town where planning to have children at my age is very common and parents over 30 are very uncommon.
We feel we are ready, but my partner’s family’s opinions are important to us as well.
Are we too young?
- Q&A: How young is too young to start a family?
- Q&A: 2007 Election and how will effect young renting families?
- do a only son can claim in his parents property if his parents include step mother and they are so rude.?
- Q&A: How long will your birth family stay a unit after you have your own kids?
- Q&A: Where can I find a online community for young parents?