Do you have to be leagally married for a step parent adoption?
A Parent asks, I live in Colorado. I have an 18 month old daughter whos father doesn’t see her by his choice and will not pay child support. He said he will sign over his rights. My common law husband would like to adopt her. We are also expecting another one. So my question is do you have to be leagally married in the state of colorado? What is the process of step parent adoption here?
- Terminating parental rights and step parent adoption?
- What is the process for step-parent adoption in Louisiana?
- Is there anyway to do a step parent adoption without being married, or any alternitive types of adoption?
- Is a step-parent adoption easy to do in Texas? Will we need a lawyer necessarily?
- What Happens To Back Child Support In A Step Parent Adoption in FL?